Friday, March 29, 2013

Thai food and other oddities

I know that I haven't posted many pictures of food so during my last week in Thailand I made a concerted effort to grab pics of all the food that I eat most often. 

Morning Glory with hard boiled egg

Sukiyaki nam=best soup

some kind of vegetable with tofu and brown rice from the schools caf.



They have all kinds of animal shaped bushes in the middle of the streets
but I like the elephants.

It's like Pad Thai without the noodles 

They serve chocolate colons at our school.

Fried fish with lime sauce

pumpkin, tofu, and vegetables

After my last exam we celebrated by going shopping for some last minute souvenirs in Bangkok. Although it does resemble a Hangover 2 moment I don't think that this baby was on the list.
baby unattended in a shopping cart at the mall

This necklace was for sale at the art museum. This local Thai lady made it and I thought it was rather amusing.
It was a Thai version of super Mario on exhibit at the arts center.

yummy Thai candy!

The making of the crepes that the Thai candy was wrapped in.

sushi at the market, in the 98 degree weather...

It's like a cabbage shrimp cake, not too bad in ball form.

Thai Taro ball in coconut milk dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment