Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chiang Rai

On the last day of our trip to northern Thailand we headed up to the golden triangle. This is a spot where the borders of Laos, Burma, and Thailand meet. The picture below is a statue of Buddha see on the Thai side of the river. Our group piled onto a sleek boat and glided down the river past the border of Laos. When we docked many little Laos children ran up to us repeating, "hello, five baht." This was their not so subtle way of asking for money. I might have given then some if they weren't so demanding! After shopping and exploring for a little bit we reloaded the boat and headed back to Thailand.



Below is a map of the golden triangle.


With the remainder of our time that day we visited the white temple. It was constructed by a famous artist and is unique from any other temple that I have ever seen. When a few of us were walking around the grounds and older man excitedly ran up to us proclaiming many greetings. He was the artist who designed and constructed the temple. I couldn't believe we were lucky enough to meet him! He took a few of us aside individually put us in certain poses and took several photos. He said that he was going to paint us inside the temple. I know this sounds hard to believe but the inside of the temple is very modern. It is filled with paintings of Spider-Man, angry birds, the twin towers, and other Hollywood scenes. So if you go to the white temple within the next year there is a chance you will see me on the wall pointing at something amazing!








I am having a great week here in Thailand! Everybody is so friendly! Although I still have trouble with a few things I am really happy here. I will leave you today with this lovely picture below. It is the latest find of my crocodile hunter adventures. I hope everybody has a delightful weekend!



Location:บรมราชชนนี,Phutthamonthon,Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment