Sunday, February 24, 2013

Thai Cooking School

I woke up early this morning and lounged around the hotel. It was so peaceful to lay in a hammock on the river front, eating amazing fruit salad, while reading Ellen's new book. Hey I gotta get my Ellen fix somewhere! Alex and Kelly decided to rent bikes and try to find a temple cave. While this sounded awesome it felt like it was 115 degrees outside and I just wasn't feeling the whole pedaling miles up a mountain thing. Sooo I went to an amazing vegetarian restaurant that I had been to a few nights ago and signed up for a Thai cooking class. I took it with this super cute German couple. We each picked three dishes plus one desert. So at the end of the two hour session I had learned how to make ten Thai dishes. The food was great, I can't wait to make it for you guys when I get back to America!



Miss Ohn showing me how to chop banana flower.






Both Miss Ohn and the Germans agreed that spatula was an absurd English word. Apparently in Germany it means something the gynecologist uses as a brush. I'm not sure what they are using a brush for but I decided I was about to cross the line of appropriate cooking school conversation and decided not to ask.



Tadaaa I made my first solo dish!



Miss Ohn decided to feed me....in case you can't tell I was not expecting this!






No comments:

Post a Comment