Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Midterms Are Over


     Hello everybody, thanks for sticking around through my midterm induced blog break! Hooraahh they are over! Now I can get back to exploring Thailand! I have been having a nice time at the hospital although the communication barrier is more glaring than ever now that I am almost exclusively in the pediatric OT department. Thai children don't speak any English and the people who work with the Thai children have no need for English so it has been a bit of a struggle. I do however have some pictures of the sensory room. All of the lights are on in the pictures so you can't get the full effect of the disco lights, fiber optic spray, color wheel, magic carpet, star projector, and firework simulator, but maybe if you stick around I will take a few pictures with the lights off one day. Ooooo something to look forward to!



So far I have had two sets of OT students want to take pictures with me in this castle.

more of the sensory room
      I don't know about you but I always feel incredibly awkward around couples where one or more members of the coupling looks like they would rather be trying to swallow a spider. The lobster hand is a tell tale sign of the "I would rather be trying to eat a live spider phenomenon."Although it is an elusive site in Thailand where PDA is extremely rare I managed to capture it for you guys. In the picture below you will see that the girls fingers are completely straight avoiding as much contact with the guy's hand as possible. I had the pleasure of walking behind these two for a block during which she attempted two to three escape attempts. Also the man purse is totally normal here and should not be considered a factor in the lady's satisfaction.
Lobster hand alert!!

A visual of my earlier comment about selling condoms and other weird stuff with candy at the checkout counter

Pretty cool tree on campus.
     Not too much else has happened since I last wrote. Last Friday we had a girls night and saw the new movie "Safe Haven" before going to eat at a Japanese restaurant. They had all of these really cool flavors of popcorn at the theater including cheddar cheese!!! Also kids only got kids tickets if they were under a certain height. So all the tall ones had to pay full price which I found very prejudiced of them! Poor tall kids having to pay full price! They already have to put up with too many jokes about the weather, they should at least get into movies on the cheap. Anyways that is my stance for the evening, I am about to go to a traditional Thai dinner with my Thai language and culture class. It should be yummy! I hope that you are about to eat some delicious food as well :)
 

3 comments:

  1. you crack me up girl! Lobster hands... only you :)
    thank for bringing a smile to my face on an other wise normal day :D Love you and miss you terribly!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life.

    You WOULD take a picture of the lobster hand, but only in Thailand where they'll never know. :).

    I want a sensory room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww haha well I'm glad that you guys enjoyed that :)

    ReplyDelete