Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Golden Jubilee Indeed :)


      I started my internship at the Golden Jubilee hospital yesterday! It was amazing everybody was really nice and helpful. I was surprised how much they let me do unsupervised on my first day, but I think that they are really short staffed, especially when it comes to physical/occupational therapists. Which is bad for the patients but good for me because I get to do so much more! I checked patients blood pressure when they came in and coached them through their exercises after. You can bet I learned how to count to 100 in Thai pretty fast, since that is how many reps many of them had to do. When my shift was finished a few of the physical therapists took me out for lunch at a restaurant near my apartment. It was good but really spicy! I turned bright red, started sweating, and sniffling a lot from it...they found it mildly amusing but were really sweet about it!

    Today while walking through the campus to the hospital we strolled upon this little guy.


Apparently the first one that I saw was only a baby. 
These are the full grown lizards. Look at how big his back half is compared to the bike!

This is a traditional Thai house that is on Mahidol campus
     Earlier today we went to the park in our town, it was beautiful!
At Buddhamonthon park 

turtle crossing

The KEI group at the park

Buddha

drinking my first coconut before feeding the fish :)

A map of the park
   

3 comments:

  1. What was for Lunch? I like the pics of the Garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idk it was some kind of noodle and vegetable soup, just really spicy!

      Delete
  2. Are the turtles extra large, too?

    ReplyDelete