Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby Elephant Alert

Sometimes when walking back through campus from the hospital I get caught up in the beauty of the wetland jungle atmosphere. Occasionally I will walk the long way and see how many monitor lizards I can find. It is actually a lot harder than it sounds because they are very scared of humans. What can I say it makes me feel kinda like the crocodile hunter, well before the unfortunate sting ray incident. Here is a picture of the one that I found yesterday!



Yesterday while walking home from dinner we stumbled upon a baby elephant! We even got to feed him pineapple! I was really excited to find him but now I feel really bad that he is separated from his family. I wish I could free all the elephants even if they are cute, and kick out all the poachers while I am at it.



Isn't he a cutie though! Also today I got an awesome care package from my parents for my birthday! It included Friends and Up, I am one happy girl! I hope that everybody's day is going well

1 comment:

  1. Are there a lot of elephants walking around? Do people just go out and catch them from the wild then bring them to the city?

    ReplyDelete