Friday, January 4, 2013

Looking Around

Sunset :)

     It was absolutely beautiful outside today! I went exploring with some of my KEI friends this morning and am starting to really feel more rooted here.


The bridge that I cross to get from the apartment to the University.




    I got my first Thai massage today and it was amazing. Rebecca, Shannon, and I walked down to a parlor near us that advertised massages, hair, and nails. When we got there though they said that they knew a place better than theirs and that they would take us to it. This really surprised me but I guess it was nice. When I got to the new massage parlor they gave me some really comfy silk pants and a shirt to change into. It was an amazing massage! My masseuse used this heating lotion that was nice. She also stretched me out a lot, which was nice but kind of surprising. Afterwards they served me herbal tea and talked about my experience in Thailand so far. They kept talking about how pretty my hair was and asking what type of dye I use. When I told them that I didn't dye it they were astonished and went into a little frenzy over it. I didn't really know why, it looked about the same color as their hair to me! The massage took over an hour and only cost 150 baht which is about $5! I think I will definitely be going back there again!

The Mandarin Oriental, pparently this is the hotel from the Hangover 2

This is from the river boat cruise, unfortunately the guy spoke Thai so I'm not sure what it is but it's pretty right?

ditto
  Apparently Thailand is not very onboard with American television and music. I wanted to put on a show while I ate crab rangoons/worked on the blog and to my surprise Netflix, HBO go, Pandora, Fox, and ABC did not work here. I rented a movie on i-tunes before I left America but it has also disappeared so maybe it's the same thing. Its a good thing that there is a lot of stuff to do here otherwise I would really miss a lot of those shows (I still might lol). I think that we are going to head down to the 7-11 and buy a few movies soon :)

Rebecca found Thai Harry Potter!

more Thai Harry Potter :)

4 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures on the river, sounds like you are settling in, classes start next week? I <3 your blog, highlight of my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see and hear everything Amanda! Keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea netflix and websites like that dont work unless the internet is US based :/ but it sounds like you are having an amazing time :) I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete