Monday, January 21, 2013

Lunch Hobbit Style

Today I arrived at the rehab center to receive a disapproving look from one of the therapists. "Ohhhh Amanda...you taaan," she said in a tone that is similar to the one I would use when reacting to somebody's appearance who had the stomach flu for 3 days. I tried to explain to her that I just get red when I am in the heat for awhile and that it would go away in 15 mins. I don't think she believed me though. I should work harder to preserve my porcelain visage while in Thailand. I think it might be the only thing getting stuff done around here.
 I came to the hospital today right after eating lunch to find that my lunch had only just begun. A therapist from Chiang Mai made a bunch of food from scratch for everybody and they were quite insistent that I try every single thing. It was delicious so I didn't mind, but I do think there might be a plot to fatten me up floating around here somewhere.

Yesterday we went to the mall and found the Thai version of Abercrombie/Hollister. It was called CC Double O. Here are a few pictures to prove it.





While at the mall I also found a McDonalds that sold gourmet strawberry cheesecake. They had all sorts of fancy croissants and desserts there. Now I know that you probably don't believe me, but luckily for you I got a picture of that too!



That reminds me they also served real fried chicken and some rice dish. When I come back to America I think I am going to show them these pictures and demand some McBubble drink and strawberry cheesecake! It is time to raise our standards people!



On a more positive note my friend Quinn just got a package with all the seasons of Sex and the City. I haven't really seen it much before but it's in English so I'm down. I hope that everybody's day is going swimmingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment